Sunday, March 25, 2012

Let's Start At The Very Beginning.

I'm really terrible at journaling, so this is a great opportunity to get the basics down for posterity.

They're gonna think I'm crazy. :)

First of all, I'm married to the most wonderful man, Bryon, who I can't get enough of. We were married on April 23rd of 2010.



Almost two years later we're expecting our first baby. It's a GIRL!!! I'm so excited!



Although we haven't been married for very long, we've been trying to have kids since we said our "I do's." After two miscarriages, I was feeling excited yet nervous when I saw the little "+" pop up on a pregnancy test. I wondered if I would make it full term this time, and if the baby would be healthy. Some people say the worrying never stops. You know... Will she be healthy? Will she be safe at the babysitter's? Will the other kids like her? Will she be smart? Will she say "no" to drugs? Will she do well in college? It can be overwhelming, but it has been so incredibly worth it. 

The first time I saw her move and flip and wiggle and wave during an ultra-sound I was completely overcome. Hearing her little heartbeat was almost too much for me. There is no feeling in the world like when you hear that tiny beat.

Baby at 10 Weeks


The first twelve weeks I took progesterone suppositories in case my body wasn't creating enough of the hormone, and I also got a thyroid issue under control. I have hypo-thyroidism and taking a daily synthetic thyroid hormone keeps me in check. My doctor said that my first two miscarriages may very well have been caused by the lack of hormones my body required to adequately support the growth of a child. Thank-goodness for modern medicine. It really is a blessing.

Bryon and I have been shopping for the baby necessities since we found out the gender a couple of weeks ago at our 18 Week appointment. I was truly CERTAIN that this baby was a boy (sorry baby!). I'm glad we weren't too over zealous though, because we almost purchased a few things that were definitely for little boys. During the ultra-sound I was looking at the screen and said, "I don't see any little boy parts..." Neither did the Doctor, apparently. I must have terrible 'woman's intuition'.

Baby at 18 Weeks

Girl...


On our list to buy are a crib, bedding, carseat, stroller, diapers, dresser, clothes, baby bath... the list goes on. Having a child is EXPENSIVE! Not just HAVING the baby, but KEEPING her! I'm telling ya... sheesh. I found this cute little (mildly cheap) travel set that I think we may just get after all.



Today I am 19 weeks and 3 days along, which gives me just a smidge over five months till the baby gets here, so I'm trying not to stress too much about the nursery just yet. I'm sure everything will turn out great though :)

Today we're headed to Salt Lake for a big family dinner. My Grandad and Grammie (my mom's Dad and his wife) have been serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints here in Salt Lake City, UT. They've been serving for 18 months and sadly, even after an extension, it's time for them to head home to Delaware. Tonight's dinner is the last time I'll be seeing them for a while since it will be expensive to travel with so many future purchases to be made, or difficult (with a newborn). I'll have to enjoy every second of the evening while I still can with them! Maybe I'll even get lucky and lose this pesky cough Bryon and I both caught. We'll see!

These next few months will be a real adventure, and I can't to share the whole thing with everyone!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment